A key element in the successful evolution into adulthood is having an ongoing, positive, trusting relationship with a caring person. Mentors at YMO consistently dedicate their time toward building healthy, caring relationships by promoting trust, kinship and celebrating the individual strengths of each youth.
- At least a one year commitment to YMO
- Willingness to meet regularly (1-2x/month) with one or more youth
- Role model respectful and appropriate communication
- Remain open to feedback and support from program staff
- Be available for monthly check in calls from mentor coordinator
- Participate in periodic trainings and group support meetings
- Attend periodic mentor mixers/game nights to establish connections